Tuesday, May 17, 2005

New week, New Complaints

It has been over a week since I blogged so here I am. I still needt o work on that short story thing. I need some ideas on what to write about. I like horror but I write it so cheesey and droll. My Non fiction is good but dramatic (like my life, overly dramtized). Oh well i'll figure something out. May i'll write some SMUT.

I didn't get much house work done, I have had no energy the past few months. I can't figure it out. I just want to sleep, but don't even do that well. oo, oooooo I made this great beef tenderloin dish (and it ain't cheap) on saturday i'll give the recipe. also made snickerdoodles and reverse chocolate chip cookies. Made a huge lasagna and peppers and sausage on sunday. It was awesome. Oh and also made Chocolate Brownie Ice cream yesterday. That should fatten everyone in the house up.

Here is the beef recipe, and my spin on it.
1 1/2 pounds large shallots (about 24), halved lengthwise, peeled
3 tablespoons butter
6 cups canned beef broth1 1/2 cups tawny Port1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 3- to 3 1/4-pound beef tenderloins (large ends), trimmed

2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 tsp dried oregano
7 bacon slices, chopped6
1 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 large bunch watercress


changed the tawny port to a dry red wine and only used 4 cups
added 2 cups beef broth
half a cup of water (you can change the wine or broth and omit wter. 3 cups of broth or 5 cups of wine)
4 cloves of chopped garlic
omitted the bacon and the watercress
added 1 tablespoon whorchestershire sauce (did I spell that right)

cook the meat slightly to braise with half the butter, about 2 minutes on each side no more than 3.
Set the meat on a platter and cover. with juices in pan add the rest of the butter and cook shallots, garlic till tender, about 3 - 4 minutes add tyme and oregano, add flour (you should get a pasty looking mix), you may need to add more of the butter or the flour as you are cooking. I cooked this for 6 people so did have to add a bit more of each. Pour red wine into mixture and beef broth let boil about 5 minutes on med hi. add Whorchester sauce Let come to a rolling boil. add your meat and any juices that have collected on the plate. let cook for 2 - 3 minutes.

Have set aside some fresh parsley and topped prepared dish with parsley.
I left the meat in the juices and used a slotted spoon to serve. this way the meat stayed hot/warm throughout the entire meal in the juices.

No comments: