Friday, July 09, 2010

Veggies Simple recipe

Some days Sabrina will ONLY eat veggies.  She is not big on meat and sometimes if a recipe has meat in it she will not eat it.  I made this recipe for her when she is like this. She loves this and gobbles it down.  I will have to remember to put the broccoli and parsnip version on.

Recipe: Veggie Mash

1. Sweet Potato
1. Parsnip
1/2 a butternut Squash
1. Leek white parts ( cut up to the solid green part)
1/4 cup olive oil (reserve 1 tbsp for leeks)
2 tsp garlic minced
1/2 cup broth ( you can use any type I use Veggie)

Peel and chop up veggies
place veggies and garlic on a cooking sheet
drizzle olive oil (minus the 1 tbsp for leeks)
cook in a 375 degree oven for 3o minutes or until veggies are soft
while veggies are roasting mince leeks
Saute in a 2qt sauce pan till tender (or translucent)
When veggies are done put in sauce pan with leeks
( Here is a weird thing I do, I put a quarter of the broth in the saute pan with the leeks, let it cook down then add the veggies and the remaining broth)
mash up ( I try to leave some chunks)
season salt & pepper to taste
Enjoy!

I think she loves all those sweet tasting veggies and the fact that they are roasted add even more flavor.

No comments: