I have to share this recipe for one of her daily snacks/treats. She loves this one and last night I but a bit of a spin on it. We have a tough times getting her to eat meat especially fish. She is a typical kid and very back and forth. One day she likes something the next the "that's nasty look" pops on her face. We are lucky most of her snacks she likes and gobbles down readily, same with her breakfast oatmeals. So here it is, give it a try.
Oh and since Bobby did not post an update yet, it was a whole week of either climbing out or I'd her her on the monitor just as she'd start climbing and run in and get her. FUN FUN.
Tex-Mex Rice Cakes (Makes 14-16 Cakes) *see add in at 7 and 8 for salmon
1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
3/4 Cup Frozen Corn, defrosted
2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Eggs, whisked About
2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil for cooking
1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs.
3. Add eggs to the rice mixture and mix to combine.
4. Using about a 1/4 cup of the mixture, shape mixture into patties.
5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add patties, cooking 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Serve alone or with salsa.
For adding the salmon
7. divide recipe in half
8. put 1 3oz can of salmon into mixture