Monday, December 01, 2008

One of those days

Well yesterday Sunday 11/30 was one of those days I just felt like I was going to totally lose it (I did not totally lose it but about 4o%). We chose paint for the nursery about 6 months ago and were sticking to our guns to not change what we planned . I really did not want to do a pink or blue theme or any variation of that, considering we do not know what we might be getting and then we would have to wait until after we got the baby (yes no point of painting when you match, people seem to unmatch there a lot!) So we chose this seafoam green type color and then the ceiling was going to be mist yellow, it is a very light yellow that almost looks white but we figured it added more depth to the look we were making. Well after we chose those two colors Bobby decided he wanted to do the same theme he has done in EVERY ROOM in the house. One color on 2 walls and another on the other 2 adjoining walls. That was fine for our room then it went into the family room and dining room then the living room, Now the nursery too. SO fine, I gave in to that. Well he went to go get paint Friday afternoon, calls my cell and says he is choosing different colors, I said NO we agreed and that is not fair you think you can do that (yes he does this kind of thing a lot and it causes fights A LOT). So he left the color pallette at home I got home from the gym looked at it, did not like it much but KNEW just KNEW that we would go around in a circle and NEVER get anything done, so, I agreed to it. He started prepping that Friday night and finished the 2 colors on Saturday night. We were preparing dinner and I said to him whenyou get the paint for the ceiling, PLEASE do not do that again, stick to the original paint or I don't think the room will look like what we want. He agreed and said he would stick to it. FAMOUS LAST WORDS. I left for the gym around noon, saw the color pallette for the mist yellow and thought, hmm maybe i'll just go pick it up for him (he was at the dog park with the boys so I was only doing it thinking I was helping) well I decided against it, I had to run 3 errands before the gym and get back home by 3 to start cooking my turkey, yeah we had a turkey dinner Sunday night. Low and behold, once again I walk into the door from the gym, he has this grave look on his face and goes "I think I messed up" I'm thinking he lost his wallet, he pissed someone off and they were after him, GOD smote him..... so I keep walking in with groceries in hand and he tells me, he changed the colors cause he wanted to make it better. I just got pissed I said we discussed this last night, and still you do not feel you have to call and ask me anything. It was a lot worse from there so I Won't right any repeat any of that.

I would not do that, if we had a plan or a budget or something we are suppose to stick to I will TRY, try to follow it. I have been trying so hard not to shop and buy things I like, yes I like have new towels, comforters, sheets and none of the cheap variety, the GOOD stuff. You know, I go and find $200 sheets but for like 50 bucks, or I go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx home store and get good deals on stuff. I stopped all that when we said we have to stick to this plan to save money. He didn't understand in the argument where I was coming from, how if he says lets do this I will at least try and stick to what he wants to do, he on the other chooses what he wants to do and does it. He doesn't spend a lot of money on things mainly because I buy 95% of all his clothing/shoes/basics. I do all the grocery shopping, change all the linens on beds, wash all the linens and towels so I notice when those things are worn and get new ones. He would use the same sheets forever. When We met he had 2 sets for crap sacks.

Ok, I am done blowing off steam. Maybe now I can be less mad at him till I go buy the flooring for the room, maybe I can find flooring with diamond chips in it and that would upset him i'm sure.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how I am and I'm sorry. I even wrote a blog on it. I just got carried away (again) but I just want it to be perfect. I love you.

And I had more then two sets of sheets when we met! Kisses.

Rik Miller said...

G - Diamond chips in the flooring.. oh honey.. that pimp look is so 80's.. do not even go there.. lets not make that baby room pimped out just yet.. =) Just remember.. it is Bobby..

2momswithaplan said...

I can see why you were so upset but I have to laugh just a little at this mess because Holly and I go through the same thing! I have agreed, however, to let her decorate the nursery. Lets face it, I'm horrible at decorating. In fact, I think the diamond chip flooring is a great idea!!! LOL

Michelle said...

Like I told Bobby....These things make your relationship stronger. You fight and you make up and you learn from each other and love each other more which makes you great parents to be to one very special baby to be.

Andrew's Daddies said...

Awwe, you guys are cute. Hang in there...this is small stuff, just wait until the day your son/daughter decides to paint his/her own room without your knowledge..something really interesting like dark purple or maybe when he gets a crayon and decides to draw a beautiful picture for his daddies on the those very painted walls you had the litte tiff about (smile). I can't wait for you guys to be parents...I know you will make great ones!