Sunday, June 28, 2009

Long Week

Well last week was my first week actually off work. It was nice to be able to spend some real time with Sabrina, but it was also annoying. She is at a stage where she does not nap as often as she used to. She has been sleeping pretty good throughout the night for the most part. She had a rough day or two and last night she would not fall asleep despite only sleeping about 5 hours the whole day. She is a lil busy body, I think she likes to see whats going on, also when she is tired she is fighting sleep and does not like it if you try and put her down for a nap. She either wants you to carry her or she'll scream non stop. That was the not so fun part. It was reeking havoc on my back and she does really great in her rocker with the baby einstein videos, but if she is cranky that will not work, you have to walk her and tire her out then put the video in still holding her and moving back and forth, letting her see it the whole time then she gets really into it and you can slip her into the chair. The bad part is if you take her out too early she wakes back up and stays up, so you have to let her stay in the rocker asleep for almost an hour and sometimes over. Then if you put her in her crib she'll sleep a good hour to 3 hours depending on her mood.

It has been SO great watching her develop. Her eyes moving back and forth, she is so aware like I said watching those baby Einstein videos is the BEST. She totally gets into them, she also loves to be read to or for you to tell her a story since her Daddy makes up stories. She is almost at a point where she can roll over, that is going to be scary. I am now thinking about making a series of stories just for her using her name and I guess her as the main character. Kind of like those personalized stories you can buy with your kids name. Maybe that will be another project to keep me out of trouble. We will see how that goes I don't finish much of anything.

I have to admit I cannot WAIT to get back to work. Besides the fact that we got a new boss I met him ONCE, not good, but I miss working. My brain is not cut out to do nothing. I noticed one of the things I hear from Mothers all the time is that they love the times when they can talk to another adult. I noticed even when I was working I only talked to work via IM so no real conversation. I don't really talk baby talk to Sabrina, I feel like it's belittling . Well I do say some cutey things.

No comments: